job security: a huge concern for life and family stability
Job security is a huge concern for life and family stability as it eases the stress of financial woes. Finding employment can be a tough challenge for many as it may become difficult for some to obtain these days, especially in this economy.
But not to worry; because as a believer in Christ, your hope, faith, and trust is in Him, regardless of your situation. Scripture tells us in Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, 'with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.'" Also in Romans 8:28, the Bible says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."
When looking for work; however, one must consider the obstacles and challenges along the way and become prepared for them ahead of time.
obstacles and challenges with job security
Perhaps you are in a position of working in a job or career which promises to give you the security you are counting on, but that ends up failing your expectations, not providing it for you at all! You become concerned that you need to pay your bills, feed the family, and put at least some money away for the future.
Or, could you be someone who is not yet employed, who is searching diligently for work in your area, and can't seem to find a thing! All this talk about job security seems to be in the far distance in the sense that you haven't even begun to work yet, let alone think about the security of it all. I too have been in both of these types of job situations. It becomes so frustrating at times that it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
What are some of these obstacles and challenges in finding work and obtaining job security when it does not seem to be in sight? Here are a few I've found to be some of the main ones people come across in their search for employment and, therefore; obtaining job security:
- Not enough jobs in your surrounding area. This can be a big problem for many when searching for employment. You may live in a small city, town, or province where the population is small and the jobs are few. In this case you may have to either move to another town, or venture out further out of town in order to find quality work which may create better job security for you and your family.
- Your particular field of interest or job industry may already be saturated with respect to the job market. This situation is also challenging because of having to compete with others in the same line of work or industry you are in, of which case very few jobs in your field may be available to you in your city, town, or state. Perhaps you are a nurse, engineer, teacher, policeman, etc. looking for work in your area, but the job market for your particular career or position is completely full. What do you do? Once again, you may have to relocate yourself and/or your family to a larger city where more jobs are available in your field, or change your line of work. However, if you are already established in your career or profession, this may require more thought on what your game-plan should be before you can actually experience any kind of job security.
- Not enough education or job experience to make you qualified for a desired position. I believe this happens to many of us from time to time while looking for employment. If you have been hunting around for work and have been told that you don't have enough educational background or job experience for the position/profession you want to go into, then you might want to consider training classes, going back to school/college, or perhaps take online courses in your field of study. I had this particular obstacle once when searching for a job I wanted and was told I needed more education, in which I took online courses and received enough education to be able to qualify for that employment. And yet, another obstacle could be that you may have to work a few part-time jobs for a time to raise money for more education. It just depends really upon your situation at present.
- Displaying bad habits in your character or personality, questionable work ethics and morals, or that of having poor job performance, which may prevent you from keeping a steady job. This can be a hard issue to contemplate upon, but if this describes your work pattern, then you may want to re-evaluate your own life regarding these work issues. Concerns such as these can keep your from obtaining the job security you so desire for yourself. Also there is,
- Personal or family stresses on the home front. These types of stresses could be anything really; anything that seems to be holding you back from keeping a good job or position you are currently employed at, or desire to be in. Maybe you or your spouse are expecting or already have a new baby at your house and need some time for readjusting. Could it be that perhaps your vehicle broke down which has made it difficult to get back and forth to work? Or, possibly you or your children have been sick for a long duration of time, which might make it hard to get back on track with work again. Truly, any issue that is a personal one or things regarding your family's care and welfare can greatly affect your attitude and work situation; thereby putting a huge dent in maintaining job security.
job security within god's economy
As you and I live on this earth, we are programmed and socialized to think and behave as the world's system and economy would have us do; but as fellow believers in Christ, we are encouraged and commanded to trust and rely on the Lord in sustaining us and providing all of our needs and wants for us. In essence, we as Christians are living within God's economy!
Of course I realize it may be difficult at times to go on full trust and obedience to the Lord in times of hardships or even when thing are going great; however, I believe that since God created us, and has placed you and I here on earth, He then will provide all our needs, guide and direct us to those places, people, and situations that will later benefit and bless us in some way as well.
In your belief, obedience, faith, and full trust in Him, He will bless you and your family in ways you could never foresee or imagine. I too am a witness and testimony to this fact! There have been many moments or situations in my own personal and spiritual life where the Lord has come through for me in various economic hardships and trials, providing me and my family with everything I needed. He knew exactly the amount I needed of something (money, food, supplies, etc.) and He knew of the particular situation or circumstances in which I would receive it. He has given me and my family an abundance of life's blessings so that I may share them with others who have need of them too. It is very true, God does take care of His own!
Why do you and I want to have job security in the first place? Here are a few reasons that might resonate with you:
- Not having to worry about getting or finding work; knowing your paycheck or salary will always be there,
- Not having to stress over money; paying bills, buying food, paying the rent or mortgage, buying your children's school supplies, etc.
- Being assured through having job security that you will receive your social security benefits when time for retirement comes around; you may receive an IRA or a pension, or other benefits from working in your field up until retirement; or being able to transfer your talents and work skills to another desired position or profession, through which you may be able to command a larger income stream, and so forth.
Every time I turn around, I hear about job closings all around me; or that people are losing their jobs after working for so many years at their companies/corporations; or that someone has lost their job/profession during a government takeover or his/her company has downsized and had to let many good workers go because of it, or because the economy is so bad, etc.
So, I ask you, 'Where is the job security in all of this?' Perhaps it's all just a myth that we've been fed by our governments, economists, or from society as a whole. Nothing is a sure thing in this world. Besides dying and paying taxes, the only sure thing is our position and relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and our inheritance in Him.
Allow God to demonstrate His kind of job security in your life and within His heavenly economy. Here are a few passages of scripture that speak on this subject:
- Matthew 6:25-34 reminds us of what Jesus promised His people, "Therefore I say unto you, 'take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin': And yet I say unto you,'That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying,' What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.'"
- Philippians 4:19 says, "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 tells us, "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work."
- Matthew 7:11 says, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven, give good things to them that ask Him?"
- Psalms 34:10 says, "The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing."
- Psalms 37:25 tells us, "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging bread."
- Philippians 4:6 reminds us, "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Finally we see in,
- 2 Peter 1:3-4, it states, "According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
There is no need to worry! As you can see, these powerful passages of scripture give you and me the needed assurance from not just that of having job security, but in having lifetime security with our heavenly Father as well!
Even if you are dead broke and don't have a penny to call your own, just remember WHO made you and WHO owns you, and WHO will see you through whatever type of financial troubles, situations, or circumstances in which you may find yourself.
Worrying never helps. As a matter of fact, it is deemed as a sin in God's Word. (Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 6:25-34, Philippians 4:6-7, and Romans 14:23).If you worry, become anxious, or doubt God's provision for you and your family, then not only do you sin, but you take away His pleasure and glory from doing a divine work in your life.
I encourage you to rest in Him; rely on Him; rejoice in Him; trust in Him, and be thankful to Him for all and everything He has done for you in your life, and you will never have to worry or stress over having job security again!
Abundance In The Life Of The Believer
Budgeting Your Finances For An Easier Life
Dress For Success In The Workplace
Frugality: A Wise, Economic Solution For Your Home And Family Life
Pandemic Issues Affecting You And Your Family
Perspective Of The Christian In The Workplace
Stewardship: Demonstrating Faithfulness To God
Success In Your Job And Career
Work Challenges To Overcome
Working Moms Versus Stay-At-Home Moms
Workplace Ethics And Morals In Christian Living
Top Of Page